in the whole universe (including
you) was created by God for His Son, Jesus Christ (Colossians
- Colossians 1:16b—“All things have been created through Him and for Him” (NASB).
He is the Giver of every good thing and the source of all joy (Psalm 16:11; James 1:17).
- Psalm 16:11—“In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever” (NASB).
However, all of us have failed to worship God and have sought pleasure and joy in many other things—including things that God forbids. The Bible calls this failure to love God “sin” (Isaiah 53:6; Romans 3:10-18).
- Isaiah 53:6—“All of us like sheep have gone astray, Each of us has turned to his own way; But the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all To fall on Him” (NASB).
Our rebellion against such a good and magnificent God makes us guilty and worthy of His judgment (Romans 1:18-32).
- Romans 1:18-20—“For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven
against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth
in unrighteousness, because that which is known about God is evident within
them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world
His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been
clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are
without excuse” (NASB).
God, who had every right to judge us and condemn us, graciously became a man, lived a perfect life, died the death that we deserved in our place, and rose victoriously over death in order to destroy the power of sin, guilt, and death (John 1:1-14; 3:16).
- John 3:16—“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life” (NASB).
Everyone who turns from their sin and trusts in Jesus Christ as their Savior from their sin, guilt, and death is born again to love and serve King Jesus—now and for all eternity (Mark 1:14-15; John 3:36; Ephesians 2:1-10).
- John 3:36—“He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him” (NASB).
If you would like to know more about Jesus Christ and following Him, please contact us!